Pure Soulshine Retreats, Ibiza
1st - 7th October with Soulla Demetriou
A Pure Soulshine Retreat truly provides an all round transformative holistic wellness experience to nourish the body, mind and soul.
The week of the 1st to 7th October will be led by Soulla Demetriou, our founder and chief dream chaser. This means we'll have some rather special, yet optional, extras included with a focus on Mindfulness:
Pure with Soulla Extra: Focus on Mindfulness Meditation:
- X1 Insomnia Workshop
- X1 Stress and Anxiety busting Workshop
Your jam-packed 6-night Ibiza Pure Soulshine Retreat includes all of this (it really is rather a lot, I’m sure you’ll agree)…
- 6 nights in stunning traditional Ibizan accommodation at Can Sarana with amazing onsite Soulshine Hosts and Holistic Wellness Team plus a luxuriously small group to ensure maximum pampering and attention
- 2-hour daily Meditation and Dynamic Yoga morning practice
- 1-hour afternoon practice including Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Multiple workshops and talks with subjects ranging from Nutrition, Ayurveda, Life-Coaching, Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra & Sleep Enhancement
- Beginner Yogi Clinic
- Sound Meditation experience
- Guided walk in stunning Ibizan countryside (only available during cooler months)
- x2 30-minute pampertastic treatments
- X1 Insomnia Workshop
- X1 Stress and Anxiety busting Workshop
- All food prepared by a team of professional private chefs
- A daily morning healthy & healing juice
- A delicious daily breakfast feast
- Wholesome, organic & healthy vegetarian lunches & dinners at the villa (with one free lunch and dinner to explore the island)
- Daily fruit, snacks, teas, wine with dinner (yes, wine – we love it too!), and unlimited water
- Complimentary group transfer to and from Ibiza airport between designated travel times*
- Soulshine goodie bag
- Plus, a whole heap of love from the Soulshine Team
As you can see, it really is a jam-packed schedule of holistic, healing and transformative loveliness. But with lots of time to eat, sunbathe, explore, relax, read, walk and simply let go in between. The perfect balance! Never fear though, all classes and workshops are completely optional. If a lie-in or more time by the pool is calling then you must honour that need. It’s your retreat and you can do as much or as little as you wish (no-one is going to judge you or drag you onto a yoga mat by your ears – I promise!).
Your Yoga Teacher - Soulla
Yogini, dream-chaser, explorer, meditator, eternal student, ocean-lover and founder of Soulshine Retreats, Soulla’s goal is to inspire people to embrace their full potential and find the happiness and freedom that exists within us all - to shine bright! She’ll be leading retreats at Can Sarana, our Ibiza Soulshine Retreats Centre and Italy this summer.
Find out more about Soulla
Since discovering yoga on a South American adventure, Soulla has been fascinated by the powerful physiological, psychological and spiritual effects a Yoga and Meditation practice can offer. It was the incredible impact that these practices had on her own life that lead her to give up a successful career in marketing and surrender fully to a beautiful journey of learning and self-discovery. This journey has taken her around the world on many a wild adventure, during which time she has clocked up over 800-hours in Yoga Teacher Trainings encompassing Mindfulness, Yin Yoga, Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Anxiety, Depression and Mood Management.
As someone who suffered from Anxiety in her twenties and went through the very bumpy terrain of a major life overhaul in her early-thirties, Soulla has journeyed deeply, and often through the 'shadow side' to explore, experience and discover practices that support us in our pursuit of happiness. It was through her own journey, the highs and the lows, that the desire for Soulshine Retreats and all that it encompasses was born. She is an ardent believer in cultivating a compassionate approach for taking our happiness and our destiny into our own hands in order to live life fully and joyfully and believes that we all hold the innate potential for healing.
Soulla holds a deep desire to share the skills that she has learnt on her journey in an utterly digestible way to hopefully help others in their pursuit of peace, fulfilment, joy and happiness. She hopes to provide the skills through her work and that of her dedicated and passionate Soulshine Team to bring positive transformation in the world so that each and every one of us can embrace our full potential and find the happiness and freedom that exists within us all. Quite simply, to shine bright!
What to expect
With over 800-hours of training, Soulla offers both dynamic and flowing Yang yoga and healing and restorative Yin yoga. Her classes fuse breathwork, meditation, dancing, poetry, intention setting, music, and lots of giggles. Her dynamic Yang flow classes bring together sequences of postures in a powerful practice, developing strength, flexibility and awareness, as well as detoxifying the system. Yin and Restorative classes focus on providing a pause in life to create a deeply healing and relaxing space.
Sarah and Ty Powers of the Insight Institute, Pema Chödrön, Tara Judelle, Leila Sadeghee, Katy Appleton, Bridget Woods Kramer, Judith Lasater, Amy Weintraub of Lifeforce Yoga, Jivamukti, Claire Missingham and all things Anusara.
The Yoga (suitable for all levels)
Your morning practice to greet the day will incorporate Meditation, Pranayama (breathing techniques) and dynamic Vinyasa Flow Yoga to awaken the body, mind and spirit. The evening practice will focus on incorporating healing Yin and Restorative poses and sessions of deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra guided meditation. There will also be a chance to experience new practives such as Acro-Yoga and Tai Chi, to provide a . All classes will have breathtaking uninterrupted views out to sea – it is truly a special space to practice.
Each week there will be a different Senior Soulshine Yoga & Meditation teacher to take you on a deep journey through your morning Yoga session. They will be providing a safe space to nurture the body, mind and spirit of each guest. Their work will be supported by a whole host of yoga teachers throughout the day providing additional classes, workshops and clinics. Visit the Soulshine Holistic Wellness Team to find out more about each of our fantastically inspiring and talented teachers. And remember, your retreat will be small, with numbers limited so that our Soulshine Wellness Team can give each and every one of you plenty of personal attention and help to develop your practice on an individual level – whatever your goals and needs may be.
Workshops & Talks
Throughout the week there will also be a selection of extra workshops covering a range of topics* carefully chosen to provide experiences and skills to help us shine our brightest! You can expect topics such as:
- How to build a Mindfulness Meditation practice
- Beginners Asana Clinic
- Understanding & improving your Nutritional Awareness
- An Introduction to Ayurveda
- Guide Meditation Walk through the Ibizan countryside
*Please note, the workshops & talks on offer will vary week-to-week. Not all of these workshops will be offered on every retreat. If there one in particular that you are extra-interested in, then please contact the Soulshine Team to find out more.
Sample Retreat Schedule
The following is a guide to our jam-packed Soulshine schedule.
- 7:30 -9:30 | Meditation and Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice to greet the day
- 9:30 | Energising morning juice
- 9:45 | Delicious homemade breakfast
- 11:30-12:30 | Morning Talks, Classes and Workshops
- 12:30-16:30 | Time for pampering and healing treatments
- 14:00-15:00 | Lunch at the Villa
- 16:30-18:00 | Afternoon workshops
- 18:00-19:15 | Soothing evening Yoga practice and Yoga Nidra
- 20:30 | Dinner at the Villa or out exploring the island