Soulshine Shine Bright Retreats, Ibiza
June, July & October 2017
Inspired by our Pure Soulshine Retreats, Shine Bright Retreats offer the opportunity to dive even deeper into transformative and life-evolving practices to encourage deeply healthy, wholesome and happy living for body, mind & spirit!
Expect a series of nutrition talks, life coaching workshops and Lifestyle Assessments and Nutritional Consultations plus healthy cooking workshops during this transformative 6 night retreat. That’s in addition to twice daily delicious yoga practices, meditation workshops, deeply pampering treatments and deliciously detoxing cuisine – all within the gorgeous surroundings of Can Sarana, our much-loved Ibiza flagship retreat centre.
The Shine Bright Retreats are the perfect opportunity to bring a deliciously cleansing spring-clean to body, mind and spirit – leaving you feeling relaxed, rested and full of optimism for the future. Our goal is to help you move forwards in life with a healthy attitude, a clearer vision and greater clarity on who you are, how you wish to live your life and the tools to manifest your hearts’ true desire. Quite simply, to get you shining your brightest!
Shine Bright Retreats are always small, with numbers limited (under 16 guests) so the dedicated Soulshine Team can give each and every one of you plenty of personal attention and help to develop your yoga practice on an individual level.
Shine Bright Yoga Retreats Ibiza
Your jam-packed 6-night Ibiza Pure Soulshine Retreat includes all of this (it really is rather a lot, I’m sure you’ll agree)…
- 6-nights stunning traditional Ibizan accommodation at Can Sarana with amazing onsite Soulshine Hosts and Holistic Wellness Team plus a luxuriously small group to ensure maximum pampering and attention
- 2-hour daily Meditation and Dynamic Yoga morning practice
- 1-hour afternoon practice including Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Multiple nutrition workshops to de-mystify healthy eating and empower you to build healthy habits
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Choice of a 60-minute Nutritional Consultation or 60-minute Lifestyle Wellness Assessment
- 30-minute pampertastic therapy
- Healthy habits cooking classes to empower you in the kitchen (with all these new healthy eating skills!) and handouts to take home and continue practicing
- Life-coaching and inspiration workshops
- Daily journaling guidance
- All food prepared by a team of professional private chefs
- A daily morning healthy & healing juice
- A delicious daily breakfast feast
- Wholesome, organic & healthy vegetarian lunches & dinners at the villa (with 1 free lunch and dinner to explore the island)
- Daily fruit, snacks, teas and unlimited water
- Complimentary group transfer to and from Ibiza airport between designated travel times*
- Soulshine goodie bag
- Plus, a whole heap of love from the Soulshine Team
SO, THE ONLY EXTRA COSTS THAT YOU’LL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT ARE...
- Private transfer if unable to make the complimentary group transfer
- Flights and travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner on your free days
- Any additional excursions, day trips, extra treats and activities
- Taxis or car hire if you’d like to explore the island
Your Yoga Teacher
Soulla Demetriou - Founder of Soulshine Retreats
Yogini, dream-chaser, explorer, meditator, eternal student, ocean-lover and founder of Soulshine Retreats, Soulla’s goal is to inspire people to embrace their full potential and find the happiness and freedom that exists within us all - to shine bright!
Since discovering yoga on a South American adventure, Soulla has been fascinated by the powerful physiological, psychological and spiritual effects a Yoga and Meditation practice can offer. It was the incredible impact that these practices had on her own life that lead her to give up a successful career in marketing and surrender fully to a beautiful journey of learning and self-discovery. This journey has taken her around the world on many a wild adventure, during which time she has clocked up over 800-hours in Yoga Teacher Trainings encompassing Mindfulness, Yin Yoga, Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Anxiety, Depression and Mood Management.
As someone who suffered from Anxiety in her twenties and went through the very bumpy terrain of a major life overhaul in her early-thirties, Soulla has journeyed deeply, and often through the 'shadow side' to explore, experience and discover practices that support us in our pursuit of happiness. It was through her own journey, the highs and the lows, that the desire for Soulshine Retreats and all that it encompasses was born. She is an ardent believer in cultivating a compassionate approach for taking our happiness and our destiny into our own hands in order to live life fully and joyfully and believes that we all hold the innate potential for healing.
Soulla holds a deep desire to share the skills that she has learnt on her journey in an utterly digestible way to hopefully help others in their pursuit of peace, fulfilment, joy and happiness. She hopes to provide the skills through her work and that of her dedicated and passionate Soulshine Team to bring positive transformation in the world so that each and every one of us can embrace our full potential and find the happiness and freedom that exists within us all. Quite simply, to shine bright!
What to expect
With over 800-hours of training, Soulla offers both dynamic and flowing Yang yoga and healing and restorative Yin yoga. Her classes fuse breathwork, meditation, dancing, poetry, intention-setting, music, and lots of giggles. Her dynamic Yang flow classes bring together sequences of postures in a powerful practice, developing strength, flexibility and awareness, as well as detoxifying the system. Yin and Restorative classes focus on providing a pause in life to create a deeply healing and relaxing space.
Sarah and Ty Powers of the Insight Institute, Pema Chödrön, Tara Judelle, Leila Sadeghee, Katy Appleton, Bridget Woods Kramer, Judith Lasater, Amy Weintraub of Lifeforce Yoga, Jivamukti, Claire Missingham and all things Anusara.
The Yoga (suitable for all levels)
Your morning practice to greet the day will incorporate Meditation, Pranayama (breathing techniques) and dynamic Vinyasa Flow Yoga to awaken the body, mind and spirit. The evening practice will focus on incorporating healing Yin and Restorative poses and sessions of deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra guided meditation. All classes will have breathtaking uninterrupted views out to sea – it is truly a special space to practice.
Soulla, Founder of Soulshine Retreats will be your main Yoga & Meditation teacher and guide on your Shine Bright Retreat, on hand to take you on a deep journey through your morning Yoga session. She will be providing a safe space to nurture the body, mind and spirit of each guest. Soulla’s teachings will be supported by a whole host of yoga teachers throughout the day providing additional classes, workshops and clinics. Visit the Soulshine Holistic Wellness Team to find out more about each our fantastically inspiring and talented teachers. And remember, your retreat will be small, with numbers limited so that our Soulshine Wellness Team can give each and every one of you plenty of personal attention and help to develop your practice on an individual level – whatever your goals and needs may be.
Workshops & Talks
Throughout your Shine Bright week there will also be a huge selection of extra workshops covering a range of topics* carefully chosen to provide experiences and skills to help us shine our brightest! You can expect subjects to include…
- A series of nutrition workshops to de-mystify healthy eating and empower you to build healthy habits in addition to informative mini-workshops for example; demystifying super foods, how to stock the healthy kitchen, the importance of gut health, the facts about fat, hormonal health
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Life-coaching and inspiration workshops to find clarity and focus on what it is you wish to manifest in your life and how to go about doing it!
- Two healthy habits cooking classes to empower you in the kitchen and handouts to take home and continue practicing
- Mini workshops such as; how to prep your kitchen for healthy living workshop and de-mystifying superfoods
*Please note, the workshops & talks on offer will vary based on the needs of the group.
Sample Retreat Schedule
The following is a guide to our jam-packed Soulshine schedule.
- 7:30 -9:30 | Meditation and Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice to greet the day
- 9:30 | Energising morning juice
- 9:45 | Delicious homemade breakfast
- 11:30-12:30 | Morning Talks, Classes and Workshops
- 12:30-16:30 | Time for pampering and healing treatments
- 14:00-15:00 | Lunch at the Villa (perhaps even preparing your own lunch on one of your cooking courses!)
- 16:30-18:00 | Afternoon workshops
- 18:00-19:15 | Soothing evening Yoga practice and Yoga Nidra
- 20:30 | Dinner at the Villa or out exploring the island
As you can see, it really is a jam-packed schedule of holistic, healing and transformative loveliness. But with lots of time to eat, sunbathe, explore, relax, read, walk, explore and just let go in between. The perfect balance! Never fear though, all classes and workshops are completely optional. If a lie-in or more time by the pool is calling then you must honour that need. It’s your retreat and you can do as much or as little as you wish (no-one is going to judge you or drag you onto a yoga mat by your ears – I promise!).