Soulshine Soul Soother Retreat, Ibiza
Here at Soulshine Retreats we fully understand that sometimes life can throw more bumps that feel manageable and in those moments things can feel overwhelming and uncomfortably challenging. In these instances perhaps sleep is affected, self-esteem feels low, sensations of anxiety or panic can arise, stress may be taking over, health might feel affected with burn out on the horizon or perhaps there is a feeling of being utterly overwhelmed. Soulshine Soul Soother Retreats are a response to these times in our life. A way for us to hold a safe space where we can support you in developing empowering holistic skills in order to support your own healing process.
Our intention for a Soulshine Soul Soother Retreat is to provide a deeply loving, safe and nourishing environment to facilitate relaxation, rest and healing so that you may begin to feel stronger and more able to work with compassion and kindness through what life is offering you at that moment. Perhaps even more importantly, our aim is to provide you with invaluable tools, wisdom and knowledge, so that you may continue on a journey of self-empowered healing that begins within the care of the Soulshine Team and continues with our support upon your return to daily life.
During this retreat, your specialised team will hold the safe space to experience the wisdom of Yoga (including LifeForce Yoga for Emotional Balance), Mindfulness and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Meditation, Breathwork, Tai Chi, Life-Coaching, Ayurveda, NLP, Emotional Freedom Technique and Nutrition for mood management workshops in addition to nourishing bodywork therapies. Our intention is to empower you through these practices, to provide hope in the possibility of positive change and to support you on your healing journey towards balance and peace.
The Soulshine Soul Soother Retreat is a culmination of a dream for Soulshine Retreats Founder, Soulla. It was her own experience of debilitating Anxiety and Depression that lead her to the healing world of Yoga and Holistic Wellness and ultimately to the creation of Soulshine Retreats. Having spent many years exploring, studying and experiencing the benefits and powers of these many practices, she is passionate about sharing her learnings with others so that they may too feel empowered in their healing journey towards peace and freedom.
Soulshine Soul Soother Retreats are always small, with numbers limited (up to just 14 guests for this retreat - smaller than our other Ibiza retreats), so the dedicated Soulshine Team can give each and every one of you plenty of personal attention and help to develop your yoga practice on an individual level.
Soulshine Soul Soother Retreats Ibiza
In order to provide the perfect Soulshine Soul Soother Experience, these 6-night retreats include all of the following:
- 6 nights stunning traditional Ibizan accommodation at Can Sarana with amazing onsite Soulshine Hosts and Holistic Wellness Team plus a luxuriously small group to ensure maximum pampering and attention
- 2-hour daily Meditation and Dynamic Yoga morning practice integrating LifeForce Yoga practices with a focus upon emotional balance
- Daily Mindfulness practice and immersion into Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction techniques – empowering you to build a personal practice and integrate Mindfulness in your life to find greater peace and freedom
- 1-hour afternoon practice including Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Tai Chi and Yoga Nidra – all created to empower you with nourishing practices to support your needs
- Workshops introducing practices to integrate Yoga, Meditation, Movement and breathing techniques to bring greater emotional balance to your life in response to Stress and worry
- Yoga for Sleep workshop with handouts to continue practicing in your home
- Nutrition workshops to de-mystify healthy eating and empower you to build healthy habits
- Sound Meditation session for relaxation and healing
- Introduction to Ayurveda to understand how this may impact upon our moods and the way in which we lead our lives
- 1:1 Session with Soulla, Soulshine Retreats Founder to develop a home practice that supports your personal needs with follow-up support
- x1 60-minute healing relaxation therapy
- All food prepared by a team of professional private chefs
- A daily morning healthy & healing juice
- A delicious daily breakfast feast
- Wholesome, organic & healthy vegetarian lunches & dinners at the villa (with 1 free lunch and dinner to explore the island)
- Daily fruit, snacks, teas and unlimited water
- Complimentary group transfer to and from Ibiza airport between designated travel times
- Soulshine goodie bag
- Plus, a whole heap of love from the Soulshine Team
SO, THE ONLY EXTRA COSTS THAT YOU’LL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT ARE...
- Private transfer if unable to make the complimentary group transfer
- Flights and travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner on your free days (and alcoholic drinks)
- Any additional excursions, day trips, extra treats and activities
- Taxis or car hire if you’d like to explore the island
Please note, due to the healing intention of this retreat, alcohol will not be served.
Your Yoga Teacher
Soulla Demetriou - Founder of Soulshine Retreats
Soulla, Founder of Soulshine Retreats will be leading this Soul Soother Retreat with the support of the Soulshine Host Team and her passionate and expert Soulshine Holistic Wellness Team – carefully hand-picked in order to provide the most nourishing and healing Soul Soother Retreat experience.
We are still in the process of finalizing and perfecting this highly specialised and very important Soul Soother Retreat and will be providing the full details on the schedule, therapies and our amazing team of Soulshine healing experts shortly. Please sign up to be the first to find out more…
Since discovering yoga on a South American adventure, Soulla has been fascinated by the powerful physiological, psychological and spiritual effects a Yoga and Meditation practice can offer. It was the incredible impact that these practices had on her own life that lead her to give up a successful career in marketing and surrender fully to a beautiful journey of learning and self-discovery. This journey has taken her around the world on many a wild adventure, during which time she has clocked up over 800-hours in Yoga Teacher Trainings encompassing Mindfulness, Yin Yoga, Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Anxiety, Depression and Mood Management.
As someone who suffered from Anxiety in her twenties and went through the very bumpy terrain of a major life overhaul in her early-thirties, Soulla has journeyed deeply, and often through the 'shadow side' to explore, experience and discover practices that support us in our pursuit of happiness. It was through her own journey, the highs and the lows, that the desire for Soulshine Retreats and all that it encompasses was born. She is an ardent believer in cultivating a compassionate approach for taking our happiness and our destiny into our own hands in order to live life fully and joyfully and believes that we all hold the innate potential for healing.
Soulla holds a deep desire to share the skills that she has learnt on her journey in an utterly digestible way to hopefully help others in their pursuit of peace, fulfilment, joy and happiness. She hopes to provide the skills through her work and that of her dedicated and passionate Soulshine Team to bring positive transformation in the world so that each and every one of us can embrace our full potential and find the happiness and freedom that exists within us all. Quite simply, to shine bright!
What to expect
With over 800-hours of training, Soulla offers both dynamic and flowing Yang yoga and healing and restorative Yin yoga. Her classes fuse breathwork, meditation, dancing, poetry, intention-setting, music, and lots of giggles. Her dynamic Yang flow classes bring together sequences of postures in a powerful practice, developing strength, flexibility and awareness, as well as detoxifying the system. Yin and Restorative classes focus on providing a pause in life to create a deeply healing and relaxing space.
Sarah and Ty Powers of the Insight Institute, Pema Chödrön, Tara Judelle, Leila Sadeghee, Katy Appleton, Bridget Woods Kramer, Judith Lasater, Amy Weintraub of Lifeforce Yoga, Jivamukti, Claire Missingham and all things Anusara.
Sample Retreat Schedule
The following is a guide to our Soulshine Soul Soother Retreat schedule:
- 7:30 -9:30 | Meditation and Yoga Practice to greet the day
- 9:30 | Energising morning juice
- 9:45 | Delicious homemade breakfast
- 11:30-13:00 | Morning Mindfulness Meditation Workshop
- 13:00-16:00 | Time for pampering and healing treatments
- 14:00-15:00 | Lunch at the Villa
- 16:00-17:30 | Afternoon workshops
- 18:00-19:00 | Soothing evening Yoga practice and Yoga Nidra
- 20:30 | Dinner at the Villa
As you can see, it really is an immersion in deeply healing practices within the utterly supportive and safe Soulshine environment. All classes and workshops are completely optional and we absolutely ask you to honour your own needs during this retreat. If a lie-in or more time by the pool is calling then you must respect that need. It’s your retreat and you can do as much or as little as you wish (no-one is going to judge you or drag you onto a yoga mat – I promise!).